Monday 9 February 2009

Welcome to the ARC Info Blog

Hi I'm Nic the Information Officer at the Association for Real Change (ARC). I've set up this blog so that I can share news and general issues of interest from the field of Learning Disabilities, developments at ARC and share my opinion.

So first of all I just want to write a little about what I do at ARC. I started my job in June 2008 and this is my first job in the social care sector - so I ask you to forgive the gaps in my knowledge! I am responsible for compiling the weekly newsletter 'The Weekly Despatch,' editing web pages on the ARC website and more recently i've been working on the ARC e-zine Changing Perspectives - this is the most exciting part of my job at the moment as I get to write articles, ask 'experts' to write for us and watch the whole issue coming together - it feels great!

Of course a lot of this is for ARC's members, I wouldn't have a job if it weren't for these organisations, so if you're part of an organisation that supports people with a learning disability and you're not a member of ARC get signing up now! If you are a member - thanks!

I hope this has given you a short background into what I do at ARC and the sort of thing i'll be talking about in my future posts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nic, Interesting blog, can we look at ensuring both our blogs are linked to the ARC website please?

    ReplyDelete